Tuesday, September 21, 2010
I would like to say a big thanks to both Michele and Polar's Mom for the award nomination. This is a big motivational boost for a new blogger like myself.
The rules of this award are...
1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 newly discovered blogs.
4. Let your nominees know about the award.
Since I already said my thank-you to Polar's Mom and Michele I'll go on to the seven things about myself part...
1. I moved to the Seattle area from Detroit, MI only a little over two years ago. Same country and all, but I still experienced a huge culture shock. Truth be told, I love my new home, but I am still adjusting. I miss automatically knowing my area like the back of my hand.
2. I began my previous weight loss journey on May 1st, 2007. I lost 150 lbs., but regained 123 of those pounds (after) the birth of my daughter. Some of you already know that, but it's a big part of who I am today, and my current approach to getting, and staying healthy.
3. My husband and I met online. Yes, it really can happen. I love technology!
4. Fall is my very favorite season. This time of year feels like a rebirth to me. Crunchy leaves, baked apples (healthy version), Halloween, and the fast approaching Christmas season just do it for me. I practically turn my home into a haunted house each fall. Maybe I should charge admission?
5. I was bitten by the travelling bug when I was eighteen-years-old. On my first big trek I decided to pack a bag and travel the country with practically nothing in my pocket (except lint). I've seen a big chunk of our beautiful country this way, and can't wait to take more road trips once my daughter is a bit older.
6. I do my best thinking, and come to most of life's big decisions in the shower! I can't begin to count how many thesis statement's I've thought up while showering. I think it is sort of like a sensory deprivation tank for me, and allows me to really concentrate on one thing at a time.
7. When I need to recharge my physical/emotional batteries I get to the woods. I'm a big nature girl, although I don't like bugs.
Ok..."11" newly discovered blogs...This was a challenge, since I haven't been blogging long. Some of these I have been reading, and some I just found, but look interesting, current, and like I may be able to relate to their journey.
Posted by Angie at 7:28 PM