Search This Blog

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pulling Out of the Tailspin...

Thank-you to Michele for checking in on me, and helping me to stay accountable.

Historically, I am not very good at pulling myself out of a food tailspin...this time is no exception, but I am making progress. I was only off track for five days...I was MONUMENTALLY off track though. Monday I was spot on with the food, Tuesday I went off a bit again, and today I have eaten nothing but extremely healthy food...just too much of it.

My goal for the rest of this week is to only eat my healthy on plan foods, but allow myself more of it if need be. I'm trying to transition here. When I push too hard, too fast, it tends to blow up in my face. What's the lesson in all of this? Consistency is key.  This is a critical time for me. I know how crazily easy it is to regain weight.

On a happier note...On Tuesday I finally made it to the Sammamish River trail here in WA. It is something like 10 miles long, and paved. I had been wanting to give it a go for ages, but was too embarrassed/shy to stop and ask someone how to access the thing...the website was unclear, and I still feel like a tourist here at times. It all sounds silly, but I have a bit of the social anxiety. I have made great strides in improving my situation over the years, but all that is for another post.

Anyway, I stopped and asked a mom with a stroller how to access the trail, and ended up having a nice little conversation. Why didn't I do this sooner? I really have to push myself to try new things. It was a fun time, and I got a good 40 minute walk in.

Here are some pics...


I don't know...this goose just cracked me up. He/she appears to be limbering up before its big walk.

I am loving the fall colors!


My muffin needed a jacket and blanket, but mama worked up a sweat, even with a tee on. That's a sign of a good workout.


I accessed the trail at Marymoor park...I still have lots to explore there.

Well, that's about it for now. Not to sound too dramatic, but I am yearning for that clean, light, peaceful feeling I was cultivating for myself. I know that it is just a few "on plan" days away. I need to believe in myself, and learn from this experience.

I hope everyone is having a great week.

Angie 

7 comments:

  1. I remember dieting all the time, and quitting after giving in to a single temptation! Falling off the wagon isn't failure, it's a learning opportunity. As long as we get back on track and keep moving along our path, we'll get there! I hope the rest of your week goes well, I'll check back in to see how you're doing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angie! I just found your blog. I'm so glad I did. I'm a mommy too. My girl is 3 now, but I want to be fit and healthy to enjoy her and give her everythign I can. I'm an "older" mom, so I have that to compensate for too.
    You and your little Muffin are gorgeous!
    The photos from your walk are great. I hope you get some more of those in before it gets too cold.
    I wish you so much success. It looks like you've come quite far already!
    hugs to you....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you that you not only took steps to get some exercise, but for finding a way that is pleasurable to you. I love that you took your little one with you too, you are setting a good example to your "muffin" of the joy of fitness early on.

    Congratulations as well for stepping out of your comfort zone and asking someone for information. It sounds like it was a good experience for you. Like you mentioned on my blog, it might be slow going and you might take a step back every once and awhile, but you are making steady progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the picture of your little muffin. A beauty.

    Good for you in approaching someone and setting your fear for the moment at bay. You know what happens when we do things like that? We get more comfortable and start to do things we never thought possible. So, consider that first question to that mom another step toward the new you. Okay??

    Great work on staying on plan, too. And thanks for the positive comment about what I said. That is my role, in blogger land (or the one I have defined fro myself): Support, support some and ask when necessary some tough questions. I have been in obesity land far too long. I will do anything I can to help those younger than me with their journey. I soooo want others to complete their journey earlier than I.

    You are worth all your efforts, Angie. You are a wonderful and reamrkable human being. Believe it. It is true. Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank-you everyone for the very supportive comments. I am doing well, and will try to do a proper post soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I left something for you at my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Angie, no new posts in a while - i hope that pulling out of the tailspin is going OK for you and you've just been too busy to post. If not, or you have gone off-plan, just remember that there is no start or end to being healthy, just one long continuous path and all you need to do is wake up and take the day one step at a time, one healthy choice at a time. Hope to see a post soon mate.

    ReplyDelete